Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Shallotte Holiday Market Mulberry Park Nov 17, 2018 - Nov 17, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Shallotte
- Holden Beach Turkey Trot Town Hall Nov 22, 2018 - Nov 22, 2018, 8:00 a.m. Holden Beach
- Calabash Turkey Trot Waterway on River Rd Nov 22, 2018 - Nov 22, 2018, 7:00 a.m. Calabash
- Ocean Isle Beach Holiday Market Nov 23, 2018 - Nov 23, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Franklin Square Park Nov 23, 2018 - Nov 23, 2018, 4:30 p.m. Southport
- Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla Nov 24, 2018 - Nov 24, 2018, 5:30 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach
- Annual Tree Lighting Ceremony Holden Beach Pavilion Nov 29, 2018 - Nov 29, 2018, 5:30 p.m. Holden Beach
- Tree Lighting Middleton Park Nov 30, 2018 - Nov 30, 2018, 5:00 - 7:30 p.m. Oak Island
- Sunset Beach Waterfront Holiday Market Sunset Beach Town Park Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 1, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Christmas by the Sea Parade Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 1, 2018, 2:00 p.m. Oak Island