Brunswick Town/Fort Anderson Site
- 8884 St Phillips Road SE, Winnabow, NC 28479
- (910) 371-6613
A major pre-Revolutionary port on North Carolina’s Cape Fear River, Brunswick was razed by British troops in 1776 and was never rebuilt. During the Civil War, Fort Anderson was constructed atop the old village site, and served as part of the Cape Fear River defenses below Wilmington before the fall of the Confederacy. Today, it is one of North Carolina’s state historic sites and a working archaeological site.