Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Sunset Beach Summer Market Sunset Beach Park Sep 27, 2018 - Sep 27, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Battleship Alive Battleship North Carolina Sep 29, 2018 - Sep 29, 2018, 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Eagles Island
- Brunswick County Intercultural Festival - Postponed to later date Odell Williamson Auditorium Lawn Sep 29, 2018 - Sep 29, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Rain or Shine The Mainland
- Spring Lake Music Series Spring Lake Park Sep 30, 2018 - Sep 30, 2018, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Boiling Spring Lakes
- U.S. Open King Mackerel Tournament Southport Marina Oct 4, 2018 - Oct 6, 2018 Southport
- Sunset Beach Summer Market Sunset Beach Park Oct 4, 2018 - Oct 4, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Peer Fishing Festival Ocean Crest Pier Oct 5, 2018 - Oct 5, 2018, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Oak Island
- Sunset at Sunset Oct 6, 2018 - Oct 6, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Sunset Beach Summer Market Sunset Beach Park Oct 11, 2018 - Oct 11, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Southport Outdoor Movies Fort Johnston Garrison Lawn Oct 19, 2018 - Oct 19, 2018, Dusk Southport