Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Halloween Hafla: Divine Dance Leland Cultural Arts Center Oct 24, 2019 - Oct 24, 2019, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Leland
- Leland Concerts in the Park - The Imitations Leland Municipal Park Oct 24, 2019 - Oct 24, 2019, 6:30 - 8:30 p.m. Leland
- The Boo Ball Leland Cultural Arts Center Oct 25, 2019 - Oct 25, 2019, 7:00 - 9:00 p.m. Leland
- Fall Brawl King Classic Ocean Isle Fishing Center Oct 25, 2019 - Oct 27, 2019, Visit website for schedule Ocean Isle Beach
- Oak Island Spooktacular Oak Island Recreation Center Oct 25, 2019 - Oct 25, 2019, 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. Oak Island
- Grissettown Haunted Trail Oct 25, 2019 - Oct 25, 2019, 7:00 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach
- Living Voices from the Past Old Smithville Burying Ground Oct 26, 2019 - Oct 26, 2019, 2:00 - 4:00 p.m. Southport
- Spooky Flashlight Egg Hunt Middleton Park Oct 26, 2019 - Oct 26, 2019, 6:45 p.m. Oak Island
- NC Festival by the Sea Holden Beach Pavilion Oct 26, 2019 - Oct 27, 2019, Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Sunday 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. Holden Beach
- Run Ocean Isle Beach Oct 26, 2019 - Oct 26, 2019, 7:00 a.m. Ocean Isle Beach