Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Winterfest - Schedule of Events Various Locations Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 9, 2018, Daytime and Nighttime Holiday Events Southport
- Sunset Beach Waterfront Holiday Market Sunset Beach Town Park Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 1, 2018, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Christmas by the Sea Parade Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 1, 2018, 2:00 p.m. Oak Island
- Holiday Craft Market Oak Island Recreation Center Dec 1, 2018 - Dec 1, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Oak Island
- Light Up the Night - Fire Engine Parade Dec 7, 2018 - Dec 7, 2018, 6:30 p.m. Southport
- Costumed Holiday History Tour North Carolina Maritime Museum at Southport Dec 7, 2018 - Dec 7, 2018, 3:00 - 5:00 p.m. Southport
- Calabash Christmas Tree Lighting Dec 7, 2018 - Dec 7, 2018, 6:00 p.m. Calabash
- Southport Winter Craft Festival Franklin Square Park Dec 8, 2018 - Dec 8, 2018, 9:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. Southport
- Southport Christmas Flotilla Southport Marina/Old Yacht Basin to Kingsley Park Dec 8, 2018 - Dec 8, 2018, Approximately 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. Southport
- 15th Annual Ocean Isle Beach Bridge Run for Food Town Hall Jan 19, 2019 - Jan 19, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach