Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Day at the Docks Festival Apr 27, 2019 - Apr 28, 2019, 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Holden Beach
- A Taste of Calabash Calabash Community Park Apr 27, 2019 - Apr 27, 2019, 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Calabash
- Wings and Wheels Cape Fear Regional Jetport Apr 27, 2019 - Apr 27, 2019, 8:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Oak Island
- Woodsong Porch and Art Stroll Village of Woodsong Apr 27, 2019 - Apr 27, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Shallotte
- Strawberry & Wine Fest Sunset Beach Town Park Apr 28, 2019 - Apr 28, 2019, Noon - 5:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Southport Summer Market Franklin Square Park May 1, 2019 - May 1, 2019, 8:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Southport
- First Friday Gallery Walk Downtown Southport May 3, 2019 - May 3, 2019, 5:00 - 7:00 p.m. Southport
- Leland Movies in the Park Leland Municipal Park May 4, 2019 - May 4, 2019, Sundown around 8:00 p.m. Leland
- Ride The Tide: Kayak Float and Race Davis Canal May 4, 2019 - May 4, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. Oak Island
- Spring Lake Concert Series Spring Lake Park May 5, 2019 - May 5, 2019, 4:00 - 6:00 p.m. Boiling Spring Lakes