Local Flair & Flavor
A Brunswick Islands vacation experience goes beyond the beach. It also includes a variety of festivals and events for families, foodies and fun-lovers that will introduce you to local favors and customs of the area.
The NC 4th of July Festival has been running continuously for more than 200 years and is an annual favorite, as are the NC Festival by the Sea and NC Oyster Festival. Free outdoor summer concerts and movies, farmers' markets, Turtle Talks and gallery walks are some other the local events to entertain the whole family.
Use the calendar below to explore our events list, and then, have fun as you enjoy the best of the Brunswick Islands.
- Shallotte Holiday Market Mulberry Park Nov 23, 2019 - Nov 23, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Shallotte
- Calabash Turkey Trot Waterway on River Rd Nov 28, 2019 - Nov 28, 2019, 7:00 a.m. Calabash
- Holden Beach Turkey Trot Town Hall Nov 28, 2019 - Nov 28, 2019, 8:00 a.m. Holden Beach
- Tree Lighting Ceremony Franklin Square Park Nov 29, 2019 - Nov 29, 2019, 5:30 p.m. Southport
- Ocean Isle Beach Holiday Market Nov 29, 2019 - Nov 29, 2019, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach
- Ocean Isle Beach Flotilla Nov 30, 2019 - Nov 30, 2019, 5:30 p.m. Ocean Isle Beach
- Turtle Trot 5K Nov 30, 2019 - Nov 30, 2019, 8:30 a.m. registration/ 9:30 a.m. start time Bald Head Island
- Christmas Parade & Tree Lighting Nov 30, 2019 - Nov 30, 2019, 2:00 p.m. Parade, 4:30 p.m. Tree Lighting Ocean Isle Beach
- Christmas at the Old Bridge Sunset Beach Swing Bridge and Museum Dec 3, 2019 - Dec 3, 2019, 6:00 p.m. Sunset Beach
- Calabash Christmas Tree Lighting and Parade Downtown Calabash Dec 6, 2019 - Dec 6, 2019, 6:00 p.m. Calabash