With over 45 miles of scenic, uniquely south facing beaches, it’s no secret that the sunrises and sunsets in North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands are as grand as the ocean is wide. Named one of “10 Incredible Phenomena You Have to See in Fall” by Weather.com, come fall, the east-west orientation of the Brunswick Islands allows visitors to watch the sunrise and sunset over the ocean right from the beach. So, how do we get excited about the upcoming phenomenon? With a Sunrise and Sunset photo contest!
We invite you to share your best Brunswick Islands sunrise and sunset photos with us in our #MyNCBISun photo contest on Facebook and Instagram. It's easy to enter and you may win one of several prizes, such as a NCBI rolling cooler, beach towels and hats, and a $100 Visa® Gift Card! Check out the official rules and additional details below.
Contest Rules: The following rules will be required for entry.
a. No purchase necessary to enter or win.
b. To enter the contest, you must submit your photo entry directly to our Facebook or Instagram page by using the contest hashtag and naming the location of where the photo was taken in the Brunswick Islands. Follow the three steps below to enter.
Step 2: Include the contest hashtag in the photo caption #MyNCBISun.
Step 3: Identify where the photo was taken in the photo caption.
Be sure to follow our Facebook and Instagram page to receive updates and contest announcements.
c. By submitting entries via hashtag on Facebook and Instagram, entrant is agreeing to all contest terms and conditions.
d. By entering the contest, the entrant attests and warrants as follows: (a) I have the right to post the Content; (b) neither the Content nor the use of the Content by the Permitted Parties will infringe upon or violate the intellectual property rights or other rights, including, without limitation, any right of publicity and/or copyright, of any other person or entity or any applicable laws; and (c) the photo was taken in North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands.
e. Entries must be submitted within MONDAY, 8/9/2021 at 12 p.m. EST and MONDAY, 8/23/2021 at 12 p.m. EST to be considered for entry.
2. ELIGIBILITY: This contest is open only to legal U.S. residents. Employees of Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority (along with its contractors, affiliates and subsidiaries) and their families are not eligible to win. Void where prohibited by law. Contestants residing in those areas where the contest is void may participate in the contest but may not win any prizes.
3. WINNER SELECTION: Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority will judge the contest. For First Place and Second Place, submissions will be judged based on factors such as technical quality and how well the photo depicts the natural beauty of the sunrises and sunsets in North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands. Two random drawing winners will also be selected. All decisions of the judges are final.
4. PRIZES: First and Second Place winners will be selected from Facebook entries and First and Second Place winners will be selected from Instagram entries.
First Place Grand Prize Winner: $100.00 Visa® Gift Card and North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands beach towel.
Second Place Prize Winner: North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands Beach towel and hat.
Random Drawing Prize Winners: 1 winner will receive a North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands rolling cooler and 1 winner will receive a North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands beach towel.
Terms and conditions may apply. Incidental expenses and all other costs and expenses which are not specifically listed as part of a prize in these Official Rules and which may be associated with the award, acceptance, receipt and use of all or any portion of the awarded prize are solely the responsibility of the respective prize winner.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Winners will be notified through Instagram or Facebook within two (2) days after the contest end date. It is the winners’ responsibility to monitor their Facebook or Instagram accounts for notifications/messages. If a potential prize winner does not respond to the Sponsor within three (3) days after being notified of winning via the Facebook or Instagram page used for submission, or if the prize is returned as undeliverable, that potential prize winner shall forfeit the prize.
6. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Participants hereby grant Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide license to broadcast, publish, store, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, and otherwise use and exhibit the Submission (along with their names, voices, performance and/or likenesses) in all media now known and later come into being for purposes of trade or advertising without further compensation or recognition. Participants represent and warrant that they have full legal right, power and authority to grant Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority the foregoing license and if applicable, have secured all necessary rights from any participants in, and contributors to, their Submission in order to grant such a license.
7. NOT ENDORSED BY FACEBOOK OR INSTAGRAM: By participating in this contest, you acknowledge that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook or Instagram and release Facebook or Instagram from any and all liability arising from or related to this contest. The information you are providing for this contest is being provided to Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority and not to Facebook or Instagram, and will be used to notify you if you have won.
8. CONDUCT: All contest participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds to be tampering with the entry process, the operation of its web site or is otherwise in violation of these rules.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected email or for any computer, online, telephone or technical malfunctions that may occur. If for any reason, the contest is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention or technical failures of any sort, Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority may cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest. Entrants further agree to release Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority from any liability resulting from, or related to participation in the contest.
Sponsor’s Address: Brunswick County Tourism Development Authority is located at 712 Village Road SW, Shallotte, NC 28470.
To learn more about North Carolina’s Brunswick Islands, and to plan your trip, visit www.NCBrunswick.com.