Apr 28, 2018 - Apr 28, 2018, 7:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Multiple Locations, Southport
Address: South Howe Street , Southport, NC 28461
NatureFest Southport is a day of nature, education, and fun.
This event will be held in several locations throughout downtown Southport, as well as excursions to other areas.
- 7:30 a.m. - Kayaking on Cottage Creek
- 8:00 a.m. - Bird Walk in downtown Southport
- 8:30 a.m. - Bus leaves for Green Swamp Preserve with guide Dr. Roger Shew
- 8:30 a.m. - 1:00 p.m. - Plant sale and educational presentations about bats and bees in Franklin Square Park
- 10:00 a.m. - Birding Boat Tour
- Lunch break at restaurants and coffee venues in Southport
- 1:30 p.m. Flight of the Butterflies documentary at Southport Baptist Church CMC
- 3:00 p.m. The Cape Fear River, its Beauty and its Challenges lecture presentation by Cape Fear Riverkeeper Kemp Burdette at Southport Baptist Church CMC
Pre-registration is requred for most events, please call each event/excursion individually, but all are welcome to spend the day in Southport and enjoy nature's best!
For details, please visit the website.