Saint Philip's Episcopal Church
Address: 205 E Moore St, Southport, NC 28461
Phone: (910) 457-5643
Originally located at the site of Brunswick Town, St. Philip's was completed and dedicated in 1768, and served the town of Brunswick until it was destroyed by fire in 1776 by the British during the American Revolution. In 1843, under the auspices of Colonel Thomas Childs, commander of Fort Johnston at that time, the Chapel of the Cross at St. Philip's Church was constructed in Southport directly across from the Fort Johnston military reservation. The Chapel has undergone many changes and recovered from each challenge still standing.