Hurricane Florence Information Flooding, and road closures continue in parts of the county and in many parts of Eastern North Carolina and South Carolina. If you have upcoming vacation reservations, please contact your hotel or vacation rental manager before heading to the area.
Oak Island is open to residents and visitors.
Sunset Beach is open to residents and visitors.
Ocean Isle Beach is open to residents and visitors.
Holden Beach is open to residents and visitors.
Caswell Beach is open to residents with visitors but caution is advised.
Bald Head Island continues to be under a State of Emergency.
Leland continues to be under a State of Emergency.
With our mild year-round climate, North Carolina's Brunswick Islands is a perfect vacaton spot for all seasons. Use the maps and charts below to assist in planning your trip.
See the current local weather forecast here.
- Wilmington International Airport 37 miles away 910-341-4333
- Cape Fear Regional Jetport 5 miles from Southport 910-457-6483
- Odell Williamson Municipal Airport 1 mile north of Ocean Isle Beach 910-579-6152
- Myrtle Beach International Airport, SC 45 miles away 803-448-1589
Approximate Distance and Driving Time to Shallotte from Major Cities in the Southeast
- Asheville, NC320 miles 5 hrs 25 mins
- Atlanta, GA390 miles 6 hrs 16 mins
- Charleston, SC135 miles 2 hrs 40 mins
- Charlotte, NC187 miles 3 hrs 30 mins
- Columbia, SC184 miles 3 hrs
- Fayetteville, NC 92 miles 1 hr 47 mins
- Raleigh, NC165 miles 2 hrs 44 mins
- Richmond, VA292 miles 4 hrs 51 mins
- Washington, DC403 miles 6 hrs 22 mins
- Winston-Salem, NC219 miles 3 hrs 40 mins